FastForWord is a family of educational software products intended to enhance cognitive skills of children, especially focused on developing “phonological awareness”. FastForWord uses computerized exercises in which children identify computer-generated speech sounds. The training program starts off with sounds that have been altered by computer processing.
After completing Fast Forward Training students can significantly improve their cognitive, language and literacy skills. Other benefits include:
- Academic Achievement, including sounding out new words and spelling as well as attention span, writing, and math.
- Clear English Language Communication, including oral fluency, pronunciation, vocabulary, spontaneity, and ability to stay on topic.
- Enhanced Reading Skills, including recollection of details and event sequence, ability to understand complex sentences, and confidence when reading aloud.
- Better Listening and Understanding, including response time to questions, ability to follow the flow of conversation, and humour comprehension.
- Stronger Memory, including better retention and recall of phone numbers, event sequences, and details.
- Improved Self-esteem, including participation in classroom and group activities as well as enthusiasm about school
Participants spend 30 to 100 minutes a day, five days a week, for 4 to 16 weeks using the products. It can be used at home or in the classroom as well.
For more details check official website.