Participants from India will get 50% off by using coupon code INDIA
Managing Behaviour 6th Jan, 2021
January 6 @ 3:00 pm
This class is for 5 sessions. The duration of each session is 90 minutes.
The following things will be taught in the class
1. Understanding the fight-flight and freeze responses
2. Understand tuning out
3. Understanding amygdala
4. Understand how to identify the physiological responses of feeling safe and unsafe
5. Homework assignment for the parent which will be followed in class two on ABC
6. Strategies to work with Fight flight and freeze
7. Identifying sensory differences from a different space of understanding with respect to fight flight and freeze state
8. Understanding the right orbitofrontal cortex
9. Defiant stage and expression of negative emotions
10. Stress regulation circuit development
11. Discussion of Homework for class one and new homework on ABC, strengths and triggers
12. Understanding emotional memory and role of emotions in colouring memories
13. Using visual cues
14. Understand more on expression of emotions
15. Cortical fatigue
16. How to identify meltdowns and tantrums and help the child to feel safe
17. More strategies to self regulate and balance
18. Reflect on implicit memory
19. Understanding prompts
20. Diet, sleep and bowel regulation
21. Vestibular and proprioceptive inputs
About the Trainer:
This will be conducted by Reena Singh. She is a Holistic Occupational therapist and founder of Khushi therapy center based in Mumbai – India.
She believes that the mind and body are connected and see challenges from a whole person perspective. She combines complementary therapies and integral health techniques in her practice of Occupational therapy to help her clients at a deeper level.
She believes balance is an integral part of wellness and that alignment of body mind and spirit is the key to helping ourselves and our kids.
She works with neurodiverse kids and their families since the last 19 years.
Her strength lies in blending her role as a parent and a therapist to offer the best practical strategies to support families who come to her.
She has undergone intensive training in Sensory Integration. She is certified in Therapeutic Listening, Astronaut training (Vestibular -Visual -Auditory Triad) and PECS. (Picture exchange communication system). She is also a Licensed Rhythmic Movement Training International Consultant and Instructor, an NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) Practitioner, Hypnotherapy Practitioner, Matrix Reimprinting Practitioner, Advanced EFT Practitioner and Touch For Health Kinesiology proficient practitioner. She is also an author of Little Parenting Guru and Looking Beyond Labels.. Becoming a Mindful Parent.
0 people are attending Managing Behaviour 6th Jan, 2021