Boost Oral motor and fine motor skills
This class is for 9 sessions. Duration of each session is 90 minutes. This is online class and will be conducted by Reena Singh.
Aim is to help a participant to get equipped to help and deal with challenges related to oral motor and fine motor issues such as
1. Not accepting new foods or child is a picky eater
2. Not able to suck or blow
3. Not able to copy actions with the mouth to articulate sounds
4. Poor articulation or unclear speech
5. Child mouthing almost everything including non-edible food items
6. Child doing thumb sucking or finger sucking
7. Child not using speech for communication or not able to copy the sounds when asked
8. Child not using speech for communication
9. Poor fine motor skills
The following things will be taught in the class
1. Understand more on the role of oral and facial reflexes in speech, articulation and tolerating food
2. Understand the role of hand mouth reflexes and their role in eating, chewing, talking and communicating.
3. Learn more on reflexes related to mouth and how they affect talking and eating.
4. Explore the role of foot reflexes and how they help to develop fine motor skills. Also, understand more on Bennett’s and Chapman’s reflexes.
5. There will be practical sessions on how to use the techniques on kids and on ourselves.
Become Part of Khushi Therapy Center updates